The Mobilia Automobile and Road Museum is run by the Mobilia Foundation, which is backed by 29 automotive and road communities. The Foundation’s statutory activities are carried out by the participating communities through the work of the Body of Representatives and the Board of Directors.
The Foundation is domiciled in Kangasala, Finland, and was registered in the Foundations Register on 30 January 1986 under number 2426. The Foundation’s business ID is 0617853-9.
The mission of the Mobilia Foundation is to record, research, and present the history of Finnish road transport. The Foundation carries out its mission in accordance with its statutes:
- by preserving artefacts, photographs, and documents relating to the history of road transport
- by carrying out research into the history and tradition of road transport artefacts
- by organising exhibitions presenting the history of Finnish road transport and road-related artefacts
- by releasing publications
- by conserving and restoring objects